Baby Boomers are Downsizing, Are You Ready to Move?For a while now baby boomers have been blamed for a portion of the housing market’s current lack of housing inventory, but should they really be
Spring Maintenance Checklist
Longer days and warmer weather are approaching! Your home is your largest investment, and after the long months of winter, a thorough check-up can help you prevent or correct what could turn into costly problems down the road. Here's our top six recommendations:
1. Check for any cracked or peeling paint. Exposed wood will rot, so scrape and touch up paint as needed.
2. Trim branches and shrubs away from your roof and siding.
3. Have a qualified contractor service the outside of your AC unit. Clean coils run more efficiently, saving you money on your utility bills. Also, be sure to change interior filters frequently.
4. Another way to keep costs down is to open windows-- especially at night-- rather than using the air conditioning. Spring is the perfect time to inspect, clean and repair your screens.
5. Check your sidewalks and driveway for settling and cracks, and repair as needed.
6. And last but not least, the job we all love to hate: Clean your gutters and downspouts.
We hope your spring maintenance will be quick and easy, but from time to time you may find yourself facing a larger issue. As RE/MAX agents, we work with local contractors frequently and we're always more than happy to provide a recommendation.
Raised in Fergus Falls, Kristin first received her real estate license in 2006. After spending several years gaining experience in the marketing and banking fields, she returned to real estate in 2012....
Latest Blog Posts
25% of Homes with a Mortgage are Now Equity Rich!Rising home prices have been in the news a lot lately and much of the focus has been on whether home prices are accelerating too quickly, as well as